Sleep & Sedation Dentistry in Yokine
If you’re looking for a pain-free dental experience, consider sleep or sedation dentistry at our dental practice. Our team of highly trained professionals can help you relax during your procedure, whether it’s a simple cleaning or a more complex procedure
Relaxed and Worry-Free Treatments with Sleep Dentistry Options
Dental procedures, whether they are simple or complex, can be nerve-wracking for some patients.
This is especially true for those who have a fear of the dentist. For these patients, the idea of undergoing a dental procedure can be terrifying. However, dental health is a necessity.
Clear Choice Dental offers more than just oral health promotion and basic dental services. Our dedicated team of dentists provide sleep dentistry, or sedation dentistry, as an option to help patients feel more relaxed and comfortable during their visit. Our sedatives are administered by a licensed professional and will help you to get through your dental procedure without feeling anxious or uncomfortable.
Common Reasons Why You Would Need Sleep or Sedation Dentistry
Have you been putting off your dental appointments because you are afraid to go to the dentist? If so, you are not alone. Dental visits can be frightening, so much so that many people would rather suffer through pain than have treatment.
Most dental procedures can be performed while you sleep, from invasive extractions to routine cleanings. There can be a variety of levels of sedation, ranging from minimal, in which you are awake but relaxed, to deep, in which you are unconscious. Here are some of the common reasons why you would need sleep dentistry:
- Overcome fear and anxiety related to a past bad dental experience
- Help manage dental triggers
- Reduce pain, especially for people with low pain thresholds
- Gag reflex control
- Help vulnerable groups, especially children
Sleep dentistry is ideal for dental patients who will undergo an invasive procedure, oral surgical procedures, or complicated procedures such as:
Try Our Smile App Today
At Clear Choice Dental, we believe that your smile should be as unique as you are. That’s why we offer the Smile App, a revolutionary way to visualize your new smile. Simply send us a selfie and our skilled team will use cutting-edge technology to simulate your new look.
Why Choose Clear Choice Dental in Yokine
As part of our service to patients, Clear Choice Dental offers sleep dentistry where you can get your dental work done while you sleep. You’ll wake up with a brand new smile, without feeling any form of pain or discomfort. We can help you get the dental work you need without having to suffer through it. Clear Choice Dental offers comprehensive service busy people who want to get all their dental work done in one roof.
Imagine never having to feel fear or anxiety when you go to the dentist again. With our sleep dentistry services, you can easily get the dental care that you need without feeling a thing. Plus, our dental team is highly qualified and experienced in this cutting-edge approach to dentistry – so you can rest assured that your smile is in good hands. Schedule an appointment with Clear Choice Dental today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Sleep Dentistry
As a general rule, there are three levels of sedation: minimal, moderate, and deep.
- Minimal sedation: This is considered as conscious sedation or twilight sedation. Nitrous oxide, also called “laughing gas”, is often used by dentists as a minimal sedative. This is a gas that you inhale through your nose in order to feel calm and relaxed. With nitrous oxide, you are totally aware of what is happening during your dental procedure, but you are more relaxed than usual.
- Moderate sedation: Oral sedation is administered through pills. You will not remember the procedure once you are sedated with this pill and will not be able to remember anything about it afterwards. This is ideal for those who suffer from dental anxiety and cannot bear to think of undergoing even minor dental work.
- Deep sedation: An IV is used to administer this type of sedative. You will not recall anything about your treatment, since you are sedated as if you were asleep.
In general, sleep dentistry is considered safe and harmless. To prevent complications, your dentist should be informed of your complete medical history and any allergies you may have.
Occasionally, you could experience these side effects before or after the procedure:
- Bruising from the IV
- Dry mouth (xerostomia)
- Possibility of an allergic reaction to oral sedation medications
- Sleepiness or drowsiness
No matter how safe, sleep dentistry is not for everyone. These include people who have:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Uncontrolled or severe systemic diseases such as hepatic insufficiency
- Severe movement or learning difficulties
- Severe psychiatric/psychological problem
- Severe allergic reactions to sedatives
Price varies among patients. There are a number of factors to consider in sleep dentistry, including the type of medicine used, the facility fee, the dental care provider, and the length of time the treatment takes.